Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Owl Layout


I finally got a Gypsy! Yeah! I had some birthday money so I treated myself and Pat Catan's had it on sale for $97.00! That is unheard of! I wasn't going to pass up that opportunity. The cheapest online Gypsy that I found was $150.00. I was playing around with it and ended up cutting this layout. I just grabbed an extra picture of my third daughter that I had printed in sepia for a different project. I liked the sepia color with the fall colors. I cut the tree from Graphically Speaking at 5 inches, the owl from Gypsy Wanderings at 2 inches, the house from Just Because Cards at 3 inches, the fallen branch was cut from Gypsy Wanderings at 3 inches and the sentiment from Gypsy Font. I don't remember the size of the sentiment. I love welding. I was already familiar with it since I have Design Studio. I watched a lot of Alicia Garcia's videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/scrapperbug2002#p/u/3/TxBo-CUyIcE to learn the basics of the Gypsy. That helped a lot. The dark green paper is just an 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and the pattern paper was from my random stash cut at 2 1/2 inches. I used orange stickles on the owl and rock candy stickles on the windows of the house. I love this picture of my daughter. She was in preschool at that time and after dropping her off I would tell her that I would be seeing her later, hence, "Owl be seeing you." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment