Sunday, June 9, 2013

Come Home Soon

This is a started like this...I was making tissue printed pictures for my daughter to give as gifts to her friends...then it got me thinking.   How could I use this tissue paper as a background for a new project...hmmm...
Bam!  I applied Modgepodge to a 9 x 12 inch canvas and glued white tissue paper on to it.

I love the wrinkled texture....
Then I folded it neatly on the backside and modgepodged it down.

I dried it....
Then I applied glue stick for resist over top a tree template and the brick wall template.  I picked a wrong template for this procedure with the trees.   But I was happy with the brick...but my stencil was dirty so a bit of color went on the the resist and it was no problem.

So now I needed color...what to use...what to use....Dylusion sprays was my choice!  Turquoise, Black, Grass Green and Red!
 Next I dried it with my ranger drier.....look at how the colors ran into the tissue wrinkles and shaded the texture!  Love! I wiped the resist brick with a damp paper towel but I had to be really careful as tissue paper will rip very easily.  The trees barely showed up so I needed to do something else!

Spray the tree stencil with Dylusions White spray!  yes!

Next....make a door leading to the brick....using grunge I die cut all 3 Pediments because I couldn't decide which I wanted to use.  I am sure I will use the other 2 on another project sometime.
I picked this one...I used walnut stain distress ink on it as well as black soot,  Then I outlined the grooves with the black soot distress marker.
Oops. I guess I forgot to take a picture of the distress marker lines but it will show up in the final pictures below.  Now, this building needs someone to live in it, right?  Who else but Umbrella Man!!!  I cut him out of grunge as well and black soot distress ink always suits him well.

I hand cut a rectangle out of grunge and stamped it with one of Stamper's Anonymous classics #7 stamps to give it a stone look. I bent the door so that it opened.  I glued black cardstock to the back of it to give it a dark room entrance appearance.  (Nobody's home)  I added a lock and a hitchfastner as a door knob.  Long fasteners worked as door hinges and I tattered them with Tim's hammer. I used pop dots to raise the door and the Umbrella Man off the canvas a bit.  He needed a lamp post to be underneath so I stamped with archival black in my lamp post stamp.  I colored the light with a mustard seed distress marker to illuminate it.
Then I added a grassy stamp that I had (and I cannot remember the name of it).  I added some to the left and right of Umbrella Man.  Of course we needed a sentiment.  I used Pink Stamper's "Come Home Soon" stamp because it looks as if Umbrella man is looking for someone to come home soon.  I also hung a little key off of his umbrella hook. 

I love the texture of this artwork!  Love love love the texture! (Did I say that I loved it?)  Okay, ha I found these wonderful open frames at JoAnns and I popped it into it.  Voila!  Framed artwork!  It looks great on my BlueRoomInk wall which is of course turquoise Blue!!!!! 

Friday, June 7, 2013

Coffee Canvas

I got this idea from the June 2012 Cricut Magazine.  I love this technique and hope to make some more!  This is a 10 x 10 wrapped canvas. You simply paint a wrapped canvas.  I used Antique Linen Distress Paint and let it dry completely.  I then cut my design out of vinyl.  I applied the vinyl and re-painted over the canvas and vinyl using Walnut Stain Distress Paint.  While the paint is still wet I removed the vinyl.  I then dried it completely then distressed the edges.  Voila! A very cool canvas that I would love to hang in my kitchen!

Artwork for my daughter

My one daughter recently moved and requested an art piece for her bathroom.  She sent me a picture of her shower curtain and that is where I drew my inspiration from.  It is a 9 x 12 canvas and I was able to find a frame at JoAnns that it fit right into! Yay!  I used Dylusion sprays for the background and Tim Hotlz's gear blueprint stamp as well as a background stamp that I had that mimicked the background of the shower curtain.  I spread gesso through a stencil to make the white dots.  I then used Tim's mover and shapers circles die to cut out the "gears" from grunge.  I hand cut the grooves in the circles because I didn't want them to be perfect.  I liked the imperfections by hand cutting them.  I used distress inks over the dylusion sprays and on the grunge gears.  I covered the entire canvas with microglaze to seal it as it will be in a bathroom where water could easily be splashed on it.  She loves it!