Friday, June 7, 2013

Artwork for my daughter

My one daughter recently moved and requested an art piece for her bathroom.  She sent me a picture of her shower curtain and that is where I drew my inspiration from.  It is a 9 x 12 canvas and I was able to find a frame at JoAnns that it fit right into! Yay!  I used Dylusion sprays for the background and Tim Hotlz's gear blueprint stamp as well as a background stamp that I had that mimicked the background of the shower curtain.  I spread gesso through a stencil to make the white dots.  I then used Tim's mover and shapers circles die to cut out the "gears" from grunge.  I hand cut the grooves in the circles because I didn't want them to be perfect.  I liked the imperfections by hand cutting them.  I used distress inks over the dylusion sprays and on the grunge gears.  I covered the entire canvas with microglaze to seal it as it will be in a bathroom where water could easily be splashed on it.  She loves it!


No comments:

Post a Comment