Thursday, May 30, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa

I have this old picture of me as a child with my maternal Grandparents.  I was pretty little when they passed away so I don't have a lot of memories of them.  I found the scratches on the photo added to the art work.  I did my first pocket watch too!  I love the chain stamp that I used.  I stamped it on a plain piece of brown card stock then cut it out.  I adhered it with glossy accents and then went over it with glossy accents so that it stood out and looks real like it is attached to the pocket watch.  I love how the little embellishments look inside of it.  I used dictionary paper that had the words "remember" on it and used vintage photo distress ink on it.  On the left are some of Tim Holtz's rub ons.  I really love the dimention that you get using the clip board mover and shapers die.  I cut the entire tag out of grunge paper. I then used evergreen bough distress ink on the tag and created my rusty look.  The background is stamped using Stamper's Anonymous Wallpaper stamp and mustard seed distress ink.  Rock Candy was wiped over the entire background after stamping with the flourish stamp using archival black ink.  The notebook stamp was one that I picked up in Hobby Lobby on a clearance aisle.  I added Tim's sentiment stamp to this stamp about Time.  I love the bow that was stained with mustard seed distress stain.  I love the colors and the whole feel of this are piece.  I hope you enjoy it as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment