I sat down today to make my daughter a birthday card but found this old canvas that I wanted to create over top of for some time now. I had bought it at a dollar store and it had a cute little country scene on it but I knew I could just make it my own with my new metal distress paints.
That is how I created the background using antiqued bronze, brushed pewter and tarnished brass. I sprayed them with water and let it run then dried it. I first took my mover and shapers hearts and imprinted into the semi-dried background and I liked the effect. Then I outlined them with the black distress marker and spritzed it to wick it out. But later I found some brown paper that had love words on it so I ran those through in the heart shapes and glued them in place over the imprints with glue and seal. I used glue and seal to adhere all of the torn and tattered paper pieces and I distressed the edges and applied walnut stain to these edges.
I ran a piece of paper through the brick embossing folder and applied rusty hinge distress ink over the embossing. One of the pieces I ran through the large ticket movers and shapers die and stamped Tim's Admit One stamp using black archival ink.
I adhered a piece of film strip to a piece of dictionary tissue tape using glossy accents as the adhesive. I rolled stamped the spots in black archival ink on different parts of the canvas edges. I stamped with the key blue print stamp in the upper right hand corner. I stamped the art brushes on the upper edge of the canvas using black archival ink. I had this metal number one and I applied broken china, peeled paint, vintage photo and picket fence distress paint to it. I sprayed it with water to get it to marbleize then I dried it. I then sanded it and used black soot distress paint to outline the edges. I adhered it with glossy accents as well.
I used picket fence paint dabber to the metal embellishment so that the love stands out. I adhered it with a long fastener as well as the book plate. I attached a fragment over the word remember using glossy accents. I stamped over the notebook paper so that part of the sentiment was on the canvas and the majority of it was on the notebook paper.
I applied rock candy clear crackle paint over top the entire canvas then after it crackeled I applied walnut stain and wiped it off just so the stain got into the cracks. I then added some of Tim's rub ons onto the left side of the canvas. It is much better in person than the camera shows. The camera just cannot pick up the crackle texture very well. I love the texture so I hung it in my scrap room!
This is how it started out.....
|This is how it ended up looking!|