Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Friend's Birthday Card








Well, it is my "scrapping" friend's birthday and I just had to make her a card. She is the one that would appreciate my efforts more than a non-scrapper. The card is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 folded. I used Create a Critter to cut the bird. I think he is so cute! I used a shiny cardstock that is brownish/gray in color for the shadow instead of black. It blended with my flowered cardstock that I used as my overlay. The overlay is Daisy Stripes by Sandylion Sticker Designs. (www.sandylioncom). I think I bought it as loose cardstock at Hobby Lobby. I used See d's stamp for the Happy Birthday sentiment. I used the Big and Juicy Hydrangea (pink side) ink pad to stamp it. I don't know where I got the shiny brownish/gray cardstock from. It is in my supply of 12 x 12 cardstock. I would like to find this cardstock again because I really love it. It may have come from Hollos Paper Store in Brunswick, Ohio. I stamped a little bird and smiles on the envelope using Hero Arts stamps that I bought at Archivers Store. I added a pink sparkley gem to his eye. I just used used 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock in fusia and light pink to cut the bird. I ran the bird, bird's wing and flower through the cuttlebug using the Victoria A2 folder. I like the dimension it gave the bird. I used Black Diamond Stickles for his eye and Fruit Punch Stickles on the wing and flower. I like to line my inside with a coordinating color cutting it at 5 1/4 x 8 1/4. I stamped in brown the message using Fiskars Make a Wish Quotes clear stamps that I bought at JoAnn Etc.

2 comments:

  1. this is so pretty hun! love the pink birdie!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love all your recent creations :) TFS :)

    ReplyDelete