Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birthday Box








I decided to make a pretty box to wrap my daughter's gift in. This was a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock that I scored to make an 8 x 8 inch box. You just score it at 2 inches and 10 inches turning it 90 degrees each time your score it. The lid was scored at 2 inches and 10 1/8 inches. I made the bottom plain purple but made the lid a pretty print. I also cut a matching green 8 x 8 inch to fit in the bottom of the box just to reinforce it. I used the cheater method of scotch taping the ribbon to the inside of the lid so that she didn't need to take the ribbon off. I cut the tag from a cuttlebug die and ran it through the cuttlebug in a small embossing folder for the sentiment 4 You. I then used concord grape distress ink to ink over the tag. I really like how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment