Monday, April 18, 2011

Shower Card











I made this shower card for my future daughter-in-law tonight. I am not sure if I will wait until the the shower to give it to her or I might send it to her to let her know just how thrilled I am that my son has chosen her to be his wife! I cut the dress out using Wedding cartridge at 3 3/4 inches. I had the stamp that I think I got in the dollar bin at Michaels. I cut it out along the outside line. I used pop dots for the stamp and the dress. I love the glitter outer layer of the dress. Her color is purple so I embossed the overlay after I had adhered it to the black 5 1/2 x 4 inch card using Darice's new hearts embossing folder. (I bought it at Pat Catans). I then sanded it to have the white core come out in the hearts. The inside is debossed and I like how it looks. I added some extra hearts that were actually scrolls that were punched out in a box that I made. I thought that they looked like hearts so I put them to use and glued them in the corners.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice.. What a nice way to welcome her into your family:)

    ReplyDelete