Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wedding Card


My best friend's son is getting married next week so I needed to make a wedding card. I got my Wedding cartridge for free from mycricutrewards.com! I love that you get points when you purchase certain cartridges and you can purchase cartridges and other items with these points at http://www.mycricutrewards.com/. You can even add the points that you receive in the "gift" cartridge to your savings points. I did have to pay $10.00 shipping this time but last time they let you use extra points for replacement of shipping charges. I don't know if they will do that again but hey, $10.00 for a cartridge is a great deal!!!! I must confess, I took Robyn's wedding card design from http://www.mypinkstamper.com/ and revised it a bit for my card. I just loved hers. My friend's future daughter-in-law's bridesmaid dresses are a cornflower color and I did not have any cornflower ribbon but I did have the ribbon that was on a basket that I had won at her shower so I thought, why not reuse it! It had the right silver glitter wire on the borders so I just taped it around the cornflower paper that I had and used also for the larger border. The card measures 6 x 6 inches. The base is an embossed Bazzill Basics Paper that I purchased at Pat Catan called Swirlpool-Bazzill White. The blue border is a random piece of 12 x 12 paper that I had and measures 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches. The white piece on top of that measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. The blue strip underneath the ribbon measures 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. The veil was cut from the same Bazzill cardstock and I added Frosted Lace Stickles to it and the buttons on the back of the dress. I lined the inside with the same cornflower paper as on the front. Now I just hope I can find an envelope to fit a 6 x 6 inch card! Or possibly I can make one, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment