Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Coasters





















So, I am feeling a bit better from my surgery. I am still on a walker for one more week and not allowed to put any pressure on my left leg. It has been very difficult but I felt good enough to hop into my scrap room and make some coasters that I had bought at Archivers by Maya Road. I needed to do something to break up the monotony of my day! I used Tim Holtz's distress inks and applicators to ink them. The coffee itself was either Walnut Stain or Brushed Corduroy. The blue is Broken China, orange is Dried Marigold, green is Peeled Paint, red is Aged Mahogany, and orange is Mustard Seed. I then sprayed each coaster with some perfect pearls that I had made in my mini misters. I like the top blue one having an embossed coffee swirl. I was a bit disappointed in discovering that the others did not have this embossing on them. They make a cute gift for a teacher of friend.

3 comments:

  1. Cute coasters Nancy! I love the distress inks too. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Some lucky teacher will love the treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula. I made a mistake though. I used one of the coasters and the water glass sweat left a ring on it. I forgot that distress inks react to water. I needed to put a coat of modge podge or something of the sort over top of them. Oops! Live and learn I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Nancy -- love the card and the coasters!!!

    ReplyDelete