Friday, October 15, 2010

Operation Write Home and RAOK





I hope to cover two challenges here. One for Christie,(http://creationsbychristie.blogspot.com/2010/10/operation-write-home-holiday-card.html#comments) Operation Write Home, and one for RAOK for http://www.mypinkstamper.com/
The Christmas tree was cut from Christmas cartridge using my Gypsy at W 2.95 x H 4.00 shadow W 3.02 x H 4.00. The inside of the tree with start was cut at W 3.29 x H 4.92. The shadow star is W 1.91 x H 4.92. I layered the tree with a very dark green underneath then a lighter green in the middle and then used soft scotch sponge type pop dots to raise the outside layer up a bit. The sentiments come from MPS "Christmas Wishes". I ran the outside layer of the tree through the cuttlebug using Tim Holtz's "cracked" embossing folder. I then inked it with shabby shutters distress ink. I ran the overlay through the snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder and inked it with tumbled glass distress ink.
I had made the other card's tag while at a weekend getaway crop a few weeks ago. I used Snow Cap dabber paint to stamp with Tim Holtz's Christmas stamps. I inked with different shades of distress inks. I believe they were fire brick, shabby shutters, vintage photo and a touch of walnut stain. I added a Spare Parts by The Paper Studio brad that I bought at Hobby Lobby. The Silent Night stamp is from MPS "Christmas Wishes". I was glad to put this tag to good use. I will send these two cards to Christie Hund so that she can send them on to the men and women in our military. I think that this is a wonderful idea!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards for a wonderful cause. I have the snowflake embossing folder-what a nice way to use it, with the cute tree. Also, I LOVE your Distress Inking-you really have a knack for combing the colors so beautifully. I have made a few that have turned into a mess. :) Thank you for leaving such sweet comments on my blog as well. (It is fun to know that someone is enjoying your creations.) My husband was in the Army and I can tell you that these cards will mean a lot to someone for Christmas this year. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I've got to take pictures this morning and post of all the cards we made yesterday for OWH. As I made each card I could just feel the blessings it would bring to the soldier who holds it in her or his hands as they wrote a note to a loved one. My father was the recipient of one of my anonymous cards sent as a 7th grader when he was in Viet Nam and he still carries that memory around with him.

    As Paula has already commented, you have some awesome cards and your ability to combine colors is beautiful! That card you made for your friend is absolutely STUNNING!!! I can't wait to see the other one!

    Hugs... Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love both cards! They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete